Update User endpoint allows users with the "Platform management: Users" permission to update any of the following user properties:
- username (email address)
- first name
- last name
- status (
- seat type (
free("Guest"), only for
Patch semantics are supported, meaning only the fields that are sent in the request are updated.
- To update a user, you must be in the same organization as that user.
- All fields except for the username (email address) will be updated immediately.
- Updating a username (email address) field will trigger a confirmation email.
- Only once the confirmation email has been actioned will the username (email address) be updated.
- When a user is de-activated i.e. their
inactive, their access to inspection data they owned or was previously shared with them ceases.
- When a user is activated i.e. their
statusis changed from
active, if the organization is on the Premium plan, reactivating the user will default to a
fullseat if no
seat_typeis passed into the request. Activating a user in a
fullseat will fail if the organization has not purchased enough
- Organizations are required to have enough paid
fullseats if they're changing users' seat types to
fullseats. Changing seat types to
fullseats when there aren't enough
fullseats will be rejected, and the organization will be required to purchase more seats through the SafetyCulture platform.